Latest – This is NOT(despite having said this a million times, there are still ****** like ‘dangerous‘ who leave comments like him/her… i’ve since disabled comments for this relatively old thread) the website of David Rebordão.
David Rebordão’s site is at: http://www.acurva.net/. David Rebordão is the creator of this short film. The entire clip and production procedures are available on his website on DVD format. This ghost is not real. It’s just a short film made by David Rebordão.
My name is David Rebordão and I am the author and producer of the short film “A Curva”. After months of speculation, stuffed of fantastic theories about the film, the moment of the revelation arrives.
This website was created for you to know all the truth about the facts that gave rise to the most watched Portuguese short film of all time. Despite of several versions of the film that exist of for free download by available to all cybernauts, in this website you can acquire the complete version with twelve minutes of duration in DVD.
The DVD brings also an interview where I am going to relate all the trial of creation, my reactions about the spread of the film all around the world, the several forums that were created to talk about of the film, and to all the stories that were created from the imagination of the cybernauts. I also reveal the strategy that was behind the creation of the film, always with the objective of calling attention of the public for the others projects that are being developed.
I am going make movies for people; movies that can amuse.”
I’d like to thank Monica for providing the links and StoneColdDeath for confirming the language (Portuguese) used in the video.
This clip has been making waves. Some news stations even included footages of this clip in their reports.
It was reported that an accident happened (28th April 06) on a particular stretch of road, which most Portuguese believe to be haunted, and that the cause was, ahem…, the ghost of Teresa Fidalgo. Teresa Fidalgo is a gal who unfortunately died in 1983 at exactly the same spot, also in an accident.
Personally, I don’t think this clip is the original. Even if it is, it could have been edited. Someone pointed out several flaws in this video including the one shown below.
I’m just kind of curious. If this is not a hoax, the local police should have all the records, including how the actual Terasa Fidalgo look like. So it shouldn’t be that difficult to prove if the hitchhiker is indeed the ghost of Teresa. The authenticity of the video can then be established. (To start with, there don’t seem to be any concrete evidence that suggests such an accident actually happened in 1983.)
Anyway, I believe that ghosts cannot be captured on camera in such solid human form. In fact, they don’t even appear in such complete forms to the human eye. How do I know? Keep guessing… ^^
Below is the clip with english subs I found on YouTube. The action starts about 4 mins into the video. So you’d just might want to skip through. Anyway, I won’t recommend this to those with heart condition. You have been warned! Click on the play button to continue.
Why s0ulless strongly believe it’s a hoax:
1. If you noticed, there were no other vehicles, no obstacles on the road at all. The car was on a straight road, travelling at low a speed and out of a sudden, it seems that the car just overturned.
2. Seems like the camera had been ‘dropped’ (I have strong urge to use the word ‘placed’) at a deliberate angle. It is doubtful that the camera actually remained intact (and running), with not even a scratch on its lens. The camera’s movement in this sense (a crash) is especially doubtful. The impact and manner of the ‘crash’ is also questionable.
3. The mobile phone image that kept appearing (and disappearing) and the slight ‘pixelation’ towards the end suggest that the video could have been edited. It is worth noting that the mobile phone was removed/simply disappeared just before ‘Teresa’ appeared. The mobile phone could have been used to produce the distortion effect on the camera. (It is possible to produce such effects depending on type of recording equipment and/or mobile network used.) – see below
4. As for the blurry effect/distortion when the ‘Teresa’ entered the car. How i should i put it? You can try switching on/off your mobile phone (or make a call) right in front of a cam or even your CRT monitor. See the effects. (Don’t do this repeatedly, it damages your hardware component!) – This distortion, and the ‘pixelation’ towards the end, do not fit together. ‘Pixelation’ usually occurs when there are interference on digital equipment or due to some ‘post-production’ glitches. The effect when ‘Teresa’ entered the vehicle, however, suggests that an analog equipment could have been used instead OR the clip could have been post-edited. (I won’t go into details here but again I’d like to stress that it is possible to produce such effects depending on type of recording equipment and/or mobile network used. I use ‘could’ as I could be wrong too. For info on how the effects were produced, please visit David Rebordão’s website or read this article.)
5. There are suggestions on other forums that this group of youths came from Brazil, not Portugal. (someone derived this from the variation of Latin which they used.) – StoneColdDeath had confirmed later that they are Portuguese.
6. A search on google and yahoo! did not indicate any official record of the 1983 accident in the first place. Most sites found boil down to local belief, rumour etc. There is no concrete evidence to even suggest that the 1983 accident, or this video, is authentic. (I probably did a lousy search. If anyone finds anything, please provide the link here. thanks.)
7. Personal experience and articles from professional paranormal groups have convinced me that it is unlikely to capture so-called ‘ghosts’ (in simple terms) in such solid human forms. It may appear to an individual as such but it is almost impossible to capture this on camera. In most instances, ‘ghosts’ are often captured on cameras as ‘orbs’, shadows, balls/flashes of lights etc.
8. The information about David’s survival, how the police found the video and how ‘Teresa’ died at the same spot… All these were gathered SOLELY from the subtitles of the clip.
9. Last but not least, these are of course, my personal opinion. I’d very much appreciate any comments or links to sites that indicate otherwise.